LOAD MINIX LIVE ON USB DRIVE

mariocrepi1982

Jan 26, 2020, 4:15:21 AM1/26/20
to minix-dev
good morning friends meanwhile thank you in advance for your help, I would simply like to know if it is possible to load minix3 on live usb pen, anyone knows the procedure?
Thank you very much!

Lex Barringer

Jun 7, 2020, 4:24:38 AM6/7/20
to minix-dev
As of today, as far as I know Minix 3.x still doesn't support USB nor does the boot-loader. It's still technically designed to be run on a virtual machine or for the brave souls to install it on bare metal (like myself). The installer isn't a live installer per se, it's one of those boot the image and it will want to directly install into your system. It's not a LIVE CD / DVD / USB image that boots into a desktop or terminal with fancy scripts like you see on Linux and some BSD based systems.

Lex Barringer

Jun 19, 2020, 8:12:18 PM6/19/20
to minix-dev
I need to make a clarification in regards to USB support, there apparently is ARM chipset support for USB and possibly some for the x86 but by no means will it work for every chip set on the x86 platform. I tried the latest kernel and the USB ports were recognized on the x86 platform.

Lex Barringer

Jun 19, 2020, 8:13:35 PM6/19/20
to minix-dev
While the USB ports were recognized, many of my USB networking adapters don't have drivers for them as of yet.