Small syntax patches

Emmanuel Blot

Jan 19, 2015, 9:02:06 AM1/19/15
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

While building Minix 3 kernel for ARMv7a with clang 3.5, I encountered
a couple of syntax issues.
The attached patches are not tied to a specific version of the
compiler, the issue remain silent with the previous version of clang
(3.4).

HTH,
Manu
0002-Fix-warnings-for-missing-declarations-in-libc-ssp.patch
0003-Do-not-define-variables-that-are-not-used-in-Minix-b.patch
0004-Remove-invalid-sanity-check-where-an-array-is-tested.patch
0006-Do-not-rely-on-build-order-to-set-startup-symbol-__k.patch
0001-Fix-missing-z-dux-prefix-printf-formatter-string-for.patch

David van Moolenbroek

Feb 11, 2015, 6:59:27 AM2/11/15
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick post to mention that your work is highly appreciated and certainly has not been forgotten! We'll get to these patches as soon as possible.

Regards,
David

Sambuc Lionel

Mar 18, 2015, 2:58:58 AM3/18/15
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hello Emmanuel,

Sorry for the delay. I have imported all but one patches. The one I didn't import should instead be submitted to the NetBSD project. I'll keep it around, and send it as part of a couple of other changes I have, unless you want to do it yourself. It might take me a couple of weeks though.

The patch in question is "0002-Fix-warnings-for-missing-declarations-in-libc-ssp"

For the other patches, Here are the gerrit changes. I took the liberty of adapting the commit message to our formatting rules, I hope it is OK with you.

http://gerrit.minix3.org/2955 Fix format string for size_t types
http://gerrit.minix3.org/2956 Fix unused variable warnings
http://gerrit.minix3.org/2957 Fix incorrect sanity check
http://gerrit.minix3.org/2958 arm: Make sure __k_unpaged_MINIX is first

Regards,

Lionel

Emmanuel Blot

Mar 18, 2015, 6:12:05 AM3/18/15
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lionel,

> Sorry for the delay. I have imported all but one patches.

Thanks for applying them.

> The one I didn't import should instead be submitted to the NetBSD project. I'll keep it around, and send it as part of a couple of other changes I have, unless you want to do it yourself.

There is no hurry for the NetBSD patch, so I think it is better you
deal with it along with the other changes.

> For the other patches, Here are the gerrit changes. I took the liberty of adapting the commit message to our formatting rules, I hope it is OK with you.

Absolutely, no problem.
If you have a document about these formatting rules, let me know so I
can try to apply them next time.

I have a couple of them ready, but as I'm using a repository that is
not organised as the official one, I need to port them first.

If there is a better way to submit patches that posting them to the
list (github pull request, ...?), let me know as well.

Thanks,
Manu.

Lionel Sambuc

Mar 18, 2015, 6:26:05 AM3/18/15
to mini...@googlegroups.com
On 03/18/2015 11:12 AM, Emmanuel Blot wrote:
> Hi Lionel,
>
>> Sorry for the delay. I have imported all but one patches.
> Thanks for applying them.
>
>> The one I didn't import should instead be submitted to the NetBSD project. I'll keep it around, and send it as part of a couple of other changes I have, unless you want to do it yourself.
> There is no hurry for the NetBSD patch, so I think it is better you
> deal with it along with the other changes.
>
>> For the other patches, Here are the gerrit changes. I took the liberty of adapting the commit message to our formatting rules, I hope it is OK with you.
> Absolutely, no problem.
> If you have a document about these formatting rules, let me know so I
> can try to apply them next time.

Here it is, nothing complex really:
- One title line, of maximum 52 characters
- One blank line
- Commit message, wrapped at 72 characters, which gives more details,
if needed.

This page seems surprisingly incomplete, I will updating it:
http://wiki.minix3.org/doku.php?id=developersguide:commitmessages

> I have a couple of them ready, but as I'm using a repository that is
> not organised as the official one, I need to port them first.

If you wish, you can now send GitHub pull request against the official
minix3 repository mirror we have there.
(https://github.com/Stichting-MINIX-Research-Foundation/minix)

> If there is a better way to submit patches that posting them to the
> list (github pull request, ...?), let me know as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Manu.

Regards,

Lionel