Miniscope-DAQ-QT software - no available compression codecs on Win10 Pro

LUKAS OESCH

Jul 30, 2021, 6:14:17 PM7/30/21
to Miniscope

Dear Miniscope community,

I encountered an issue when running the Miniscope-DAQ-QT software under Win10 Pro. When I execute the software the initialization window reports that no compression codec is avaiable and that instead all the supported ones are unavailable:
MiniscopeDAQ_runRegularly.JPG

However, when I run the software as an administrator most of the compression codecs are available and the software can properly start and record from a miniscope:
MiniscopeDAQ_runAsAdmin.JPG

I reproduced this behavior on 3 independent computers running on Win10 Pro with the versions 1909, 2004 and 20H2. For all of these computers I used a local account that has admin status. This issue does not depend on a miniscope DAQ being connected and being found by the compuer.

So, there is possibly be some security setting that messes with the DAQ software.

I hope this info might be helpful!

Lukas

Daniel Aharoni

Aug 2, 2021, 6:43:59 PM8/2/21
to Miniscope
Thanks for the post Lukas. Definitely helpful to know and we will try to look into this when we have time.

LUKAS OESCH

Aug 13, 2021, 3:04:24 PM8/13/21
to Miniscope
Dear Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.
I realized that the issue is only present when executing the DAQ software from the search bar. It seems like the path to the program folder is not passed properly when launched in this way. Executing the software from within the folder works just fine and does not require special privileges.

Lukas

Daniel Aharoni

Aug 16, 2021, 2:57:58 PM8/16/21
to Miniscope
Hi Lukas,
Thanks for the update. This is really weird but good to know.