Store configuration info that changes during recording

Ariel Burman

Jul 2, 2021, 10:24:19 AMJul 2
to Miniscope
Hello

Is there a way to know which gain, led intensity, electrowetting lens position, etc was used during the experiment?
It would be good to know for each frame which value of those parameters was used.
I can see that information is logged because it appears in one of the software windows, but I'm not sure if it is stored somewhere, and if it is, where.
Or maybe I'm missing a configuration option to have this info stored in the same folder as the video and the rest of the files for each recording.

Thank you

Daniel Aharoni

Jul 2, 2021, 4:06:45 PMJul 2
to Miniscope
Hi,
Current, all these parameters get saved into the metadata JSON files in the recording folder. These are saved at the start of recording so if parameters are changed during recording, those changes currently aren't recorded anywhere. I was just talking with someone about this exact topic a few days ago and I had thought I had already added the functionality of saving these changes as they occur during recording... but it turns out I never did. Actually all the functionality is already implemented in the source code but I somehow left out the final line of code needed to actually write these changes to a file.

I have this on my todo list and it will be implemented in the next release of the Miniscope software. If this feature is critically important to your research let me know and I should be able to get something working and send you a new executable file.

Daniel Aharoni

Jul 2, 2021, 4:29:51 PMJul 2
to Miniscope
Hi again,
So I just added this functionality and did a quick test and things look like they are working correctly. The change has been pushed to the source code in the github repo. I am also attaching a link here, https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/108hIcJCL5bHf9QCUr7bMQHbI8lXj86-v?usp=sharing, to download the .exe file with this change compiled into it. You should just need to replace your current .exe file with the one.
  • All changes to device parameters during recording will be time stamped and saved in the notes.csv file.
  • This .exe file includes only this one change compared to v1.10.
  • Once I add this to the next larger release planned I will remove the link to this .exe file.

Daniel Aharoni

Jul 2, 2021, 4:49:01 PMJul 2
to Miniscope
This was a pretty quick addition and something that should exist in the software so I decided to created a new release (v1.11) on GitHub which can be found here: https://github.com/Aharoni-Lab/Miniscope-DAQ-QT-Software/releases/tag/v1.11.

It still is true that all you really need to do to update the software is replace your .exe file with the new one.

Ariel Burman

Jul 16, 2021, 11:27:34 AMJul 16
to Miniscope
I just tested it and it works great.