Method of Miniscope V4 injection

Erik Misak

May 10, 2022, 4:54:18 AMMay 10
to Miniscope
Hello everyone!

I am going to nvestigate the mice hippocampal CA1 region and I use GCaMP6f or 8f virus.
I would need help about the injection parameters. How many locations should I inject the virus? What depth should I inject the virus?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Erik.

Daniel Aharoni

Jun 17, 2022, 12:09:31 AMJun 17
to Miniscope
Hi Erik,
There is some variability on how each lab approaches this. I would suggest doing a literature search for "miniscope" or "Inscopix and "CA1" and see what others are doing in the methods sections. We usually do just 1 injection, more info can be found in this workshop video: https://youtu.be/SZPAQps_uVo.