commutator

zahra rezaei

Aug 19, 2021, 2:03:33 PMAug 19
to Miniscope

Hello,
I wonder if anyone has recently contacted DragonFly about their commutators?
More than a week ago I send them an email for a quote for a commutator suitable for using with Miniscope V4 but no answer yet.

Or, if you know any other company from whom I can buy a commutator please let me know.

Thank you.
Zahra

Ana Carolina Bottura de Barros

Aug 19, 2021, 3:37:04 PMAug 19
to zahra rezaei, Miniscope
We got no response from Dragonfly. So we just got one from Neurotek and so far it has worked quite well.

I think it is not showing on their website but just email them about it.

Cheers,
Ana

Zachary Zeidler

Aug 19, 2021, 5:36:19 PMAug 19
to Ana Carolina Bottura de Barros, zahra rezaei, Miniscope
A followup question Ana -- did you get a motorized or non-motorized commutator? I'm especially curious how well non-motorized ones work

Ana Carolina Bottura de Barros

Aug 19, 2021, 5:58:17 PMAug 19
to Zachary Zeidler, zahra rezaei, Miniscope
To be honest, we have just got our hands on it (the non motorised version). I tested that it was fully working with the miniscope (had problems getting a signal with previous ones we tried) but still haven’t had the time to test it on an animal. I plan to do that next week and can update you on that.

Here is a photo of how it looks like:

Gabrielle Siemonsmeier

Aug 20, 2021, 4:34:23 PMAug 20
to Miniscope
I ordered a commutator from Dragonfly this past July, but it did take a second email to get a response. If I recall correctly the owner told me he'd had to let go of most of his staff since the onset of the pandemic, so I imagine he's just swamped!

zahra rezaei

Aug 20, 2021, 5:04:10 PMAug 20
to Gabrielle Siemonsmeier, Miniscope
Thanks Gabrielle. Yes, after the second email, they responded to me. The only thing is that I think the price they are asking is too much and it would take 4-6 weeks.
I am going to try the DIY commutator that someone had posted in this group.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Miniscope" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/miniscope/1f423884-2060-444f-905c-2ff59658a26fn%40googlegroups.com.