60 fps after speed up with VLC

miklos kecskes

Feb 10, 2023, 4:45:00 AM2/10/23
to Miniscope
Hello Everyone,

I wondering whether anybody ever faced similar things with miniscope videos: Few days ago after a successful recording session I opened the recorded miniscope video in VLC and increased the speed of the video 3 times for better visibility (at that time the miniscope was already disconnected and the program was closed). The next day we performed again a recording everything was OK but after the experiment I noticed that all my video files (miniscope and behavioral) were 16 sec long instead of the normal 50 sec. When I opened the videos they were obviously faster. Checking the parameters all the video files are recorded with 60 fps although I'm pretty sure that it was 20 fps in the miniscope program. What is even more weird for me is that now in this computer all the previous miniscope video files are 16 sec long and 60 fps. Uninstalling VLC and opening with other software did not solve the problem. Does anybody experienced similar thing before or any advice how to change this back to normal?

Thanks