How to remove L13 inductor.

103 views
Skip to first unread message

Dimitry Topolnik

unread,
Oct 7, 2020, 10:33:24 AM10/7/20
to Miniscope
Hello,

I would like to replace the old L13 inductor but I have some problem. My welding iron (fine point) is set to 390C but I can't melt the steel around the inductor to remove. Even if I am using 490C doesn't work at all.
What is the heating point temperature and.... is there some advice?

Thanks in advance

Daniel Aharoni

unread,
Oct 7, 2020, 5:20:57 PM10/7/20
to Dimitry Topolnik, Miniscope
Hey Dimitry,
The solder on your DAQ is likely a lead-free solder which requires a bit higher temps than a leaded solder. But 390C should be enough. I am going to guess that the tip of your soldering iron might be oxidized and corroded, limiting its ability to effectively transfer heat to the PCB. Try adding some solder to the tip of your soldering iron and then touch the soldering iron with melted ball of solder to the L13 inductor. It should then come off easily.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Miniscope" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to miniscope+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/miniscope/2d0d5788-cee6-48d3-adfd-baaaf9628904n%40googlegroups.com.


--
Daniel B. Aharoni, PhD
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Neurology, UCLA
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages