The UCLA Miniscope Team and Aharoni Lab are recruiting for multiple open positions

Daniel Aharoni

Aug 31, 2021, 6:03:07 PM8/31/21
to Miniscope
Hello Everyone!
My group (and the UCLA Miniscope Team) is recruiting multiple postdocs to begin a couple new projects aimed at significantly advancing how neural imaging in freely behaving animals is thought about, implemented, and shared. These are all multiyear positions funded by NIH and BRAIN Initiative grants.

We are looking for highly motivated, collaborative researchers (Physics/Neuroscience/Engineering) who enjoy identifying and solving research challenges to enable new avenues of scientific inquiry. Applicants should already be interested in experimental neuroscience and novel tool development/instrumentation but much of the skill set needed for work in my group can be learned "on the job". Experience with Miniscopes, FPGAs, MCUs, CAD, optics, PCB design, programming (C/Python), real-time processing, neural/behavioral recording, and/or image analysis are pluses but not required.

Some of the details of the projects we are recruiting for can be found here, https://aharoni-lab.github.io/Research/.

More info on the open positions can be found here: https://aharoni-lab.github.io/Join/

If interested, email a brief introduction and CV! Thanks!