u.fl jack detached from miniscope

Yujin KIm

Nov 4, 2022, 5:39:48 AM11/4/22
to Miniscope
Hi there,

The u.fl jack on my miniscope has been detached, as shown in the picture below.
KakaoTalk_20221104_183304003.jpg

I guess soldering a surface mount u.fl jack (https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/hirose-electric-co-ltd/U-FL-R-SMT-1-10/2391570) on the miniscope may work. My concern is that the left part of contact surface (circle) is gone with the detached jack. I wonder if I can put some solder on the blank area and attach a new u.fl jack. Or, is it OK with the right part only (if both left and right contacts are ground)?

Thanks,
Yujin

Mahesh Miikael Karnani

Nov 4, 2022, 11:39:27 AM11/4/22
to Miniscope
Hi Yujin,

I had the same problem and fixed it by soldering the cable directly to the golden square pad (cable shield) and small contact point on the bottom (cable core). I soldered very rapidly as I've heard that heat buildup during soldering can easily destroy the pcb.

Good luck!
Mahesh

minscope_jack_circuit.png
Screenshot 2022-11-04 163543.jpg

Yujin KIm

Nov 29, 2022, 4:32:04 AM11/29/22
to Miniscope
Hi  Mahesh,

Thanks for sharing your experience! Hope it work for me.

Yujin