GRIN Lens Implantation

Md. Mamun Al-Amin

Aug 18, 2021, 10:57:03 AMAug 18
to Miniscope
Hello Guys,
I would like to implant AAV coated GRIN lens on the top of the hippocampal CA1 region. However, I had an issue with holding the GRIN lens. I purchased bulldog serrefine to attach with the stereotaxic apparatus. But the space under the bulldog serrefine is very small and sometimes lens is tilted. In addition, there is a chance of losing coated virus.
Is there anyone could share idea how to hold the GRIN lens?

Many thanks.

Mamun
Indiana University

Matthias Klumpp

Aug 19, 2021, 10:13:01 AMAug 19
to Md. Mamun Al-Amin, Miniscope
Hi!

Am Mi., 18. Aug. 2021 um 16:57 Uhr schrieb Md. Mamun Al-Amin
<mdalam...@gmail.com>:

> Hello Guys,
> I would like to implant AAV coated GRIN lens on the top of the hippocampal CA1 region. However, I had an issue with holding the GRIN lens. I purchased bulldog serrefine to attach with the stereotaxic apparatus. But the space under the bulldog serrefine is very small and sometimes lens is tilted. In addition, there is a chance of losing coated virus.
> Is there anyone could share idea how to hold the GRIN lens?

I am using Rodico[1] which I put in and on a small hollow glass rod.
The Rodico holds the lens in place safely, but also is weak enough to
release it after cementing it in, and by pressing into close-ish to
the glass, the lens remains straight. That said, the slightest touch
on a different surface will tilt it again, but so far that hasn't been
an issue.

Cheers,
Matthias

[1]: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Bergeon+rodico&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

omid yaghmazadeh

Sep 13, 2021, 3:28:19 PMSep 13
to Miniscope
Hi,

I have been using a 3D printed part (.stl file attached) that I have made (inspired by other designs) and it has worked pretty well for me.
Also, Mightex sells some models (here) but they are not really cheap.

Cheers,
Omid

GRINLensHolder_V3.stl
PXL_20210913_165044304.jpg