Basler USB 3.0 camera as behavior camera

César Acevedo-Triana

Oct 13, 2021, 5:06:16 PM10/13/21
to Miniscope
Hi,

I have a question about using a Basler camera (USB 3.0, https://www.baslerweb.com/en/products/cameras/area-scan-cameras/ace/aca1920-155uc/) as a behavior camera during miniscope recording. I cannot connect it from the JSTOR file and when I search in the device manager it doesn´t appear in the camera category but in a new category, Basler users do you know how to use this camera with the miniscope?

I appreciate any suggestion or indication.

Cesar

Daniel Aharoni

Oct 13, 2021, 7:24:51 PM10/13/21
to Miniscope
Hi Cesar,
I think it looks like the Basler cameras use a proprietary USB data protocol. Right now, the Miniscope DAQ Software only supports the UVC protocol for cameras. This can be modified in the source code but I am not sure if Basler supplies C++ libraries for interfacing with their cameras.

César Acevedo-Triana

Oct 15, 2021, 11:46:00 AM10/15/21
to Miniscope
Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply. Yes, Basler provides a pylon SDK that includes the C++ API. How could be modified in the source code?

Best regards,

earthw...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2021, 8:30:17 PM10/15/21
to Miniscope
Hi Cesar

Hi. I am currently using Basler camera w/ miniscope recording. Using NI board, I send TTL to Basler camera and miniscope to start recording operated by Labview program. Hope this can help your set up.

Gaeun

2021년 10월 16일 토요일 오전 12시 46분 0초 UTC+9에 aceve...@gmail.com님이 작성:

Marwa Soliman

May 17, 2022, 6:07:30 PM5/17/22
to Miniscope
Hi Gaeun,

I'm interested in doing something similar, so I want to use an IR sensor (Arduino-based) to trigger both the Basler camera and miniscope to start recording. I was wondering if you were able to sync the frames between both and how did you set it up?

Thanks,
Marwa