Data link light turned off

Trinidad Montero

Mar 18, 2022, 2:32:16 PM3/18/22
to Miniscope
Recently, just after I was taking out epoxy residues off the miniscope v4 pcb, the scope failed to stream video. Only two lights on the DAQ would turn on with the data link remaining unlight. Before this the scope had been working and I did not change anything else.
In an old post someone had the same problem and the two possible issues were either the length of the coax cable or damage on the power-over-coax filter. In my case the coax cable was working perfectly the day before, however there is small damage in the power & serializer part of the pcb (see images below). I think is a capacitor.
Could this be the problem with the comunication between the minscope and the DAQ?
Can this element be replaced in the lab or do I have to get a new pcb?

Thanks!
IMG_0055.jpg
IMG_0054.jpg

Federico Sangiuliano

Mar 18, 2022, 2:48:11 PM3/18/22
to Miniscope
Hello Trinidad. Would you mind posting a picture of the top side of the PCB? That capacitor that you show that looks off doesn't affect much to the functioning of the serializer. There is a critical capacitor on the top side that is very close to where you glued the miniscope.

Thanks

Federico

Trinidad Montero

Mar 18, 2022, 3:34:25 PM3/18/22
to Miniscope
As requested.
According to me everything else looks fine.
IMG_0058.jpg