Rat Miniscope Slack Channel

Kayla Vokt

Dec 5, 2022, 12:15:31 PM12/5/22
to Miniscope
Hello Miniscope users,

My name is Kayla Vokt and I am a second year doctoral student at Rice University (https://neuroengineering.rice.edu/). I work with Dr. Caleb Kemere in the Realtime Neuroengineering Lab, where I have been trying to improve my methods for calcium imaging in the rat hippocampus.

In order to learn from each other and troubleshoot in this area, some of my colleagues have formed a Rat Miniscope Slack Channel.

Please join the channel and share with colleagues who might also have experience or questions in this area! I would be interested in discussions such as the type of GRIN lens, surgical protocol, type of virus, regular vs. custom baseplate, Miniscope housing, aspiration technique (surgical videos?) etc. I thought it would be useful to have a community space to discuss this.

Thank you so much for your attention!

Kayla Vokt
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Rice University