How to perfectly align miniscope lens with the GRIN lens?

Gayatri Mishra

Mar 6, 2023, 12:59:45 PM3/6/23
to Miniscope
Hi,

Can someone suggest ways to perfectly align miniscope lens with the GRIN lens.  I am trying to image the xylem vessel differentiation  over time in the poplar tree stem using a GRIN  lens. I have attached the images with the GRIN lens and miniscope lens  for reference.

Thanks,
Gayatri Mishra
Postdoctoral Researcher
USDA Forest Service

Capture 1.JPG

David Protter

Mar 6, 2023, 5:53:47 PM3/6/23
to Miniscope
Wow, this sounds super cool!
Can you describe the issue in a bit more detail? a few of those images look pretty good.

When you say alignment, do you mean laterally (x/y) or axially (z)?

Are you doing this with a baseplate attached to something in your sample? What is the whole setup here?

What purpose is the GRIN lens serving here? To get depth into the tree stem past other tissue?

Like I said, this seems pretty neat! Just need to understand a bit more before I'd offer advice.