Magnification of v4 miniscope

Albert hiuka fok

Aug 31, 2022, 1:33:51 PM8/31/22
to Miniscope
Hi everyone,

Just want to ask a quick question: what is the magnification for the different lens configurations for v4 miniscopes ? I couldn't find the answers ion Github if I didn't miss anything.

Thank you,

Albert

Daniel Aharoni

Oct 12, 2022, 1:22:43 PM10/12/22
to Miniscope
Hi Albert,
Roughly speaking the mag of the V4 Miniscope will range from 2x to 4x depending on the optics chosen. Since the specific lens combination along with exactly how they are placed in the housing will change this value a bit, the best thing to do is to image an object of known size (or a resolution test slide) and calculate magnification based off that. The pixel size of the V4 Miniscope is 4.8 um so you just need to know how many pixel the known object spans and you can work out magnification for your specific setup.

Albert hiuka fok

Oct 21, 2022, 3:01:22 PM10/21/22
to Miniscope
Thank you Daniel!
Do you have suggestions on other lens combination if I want to go over 4x? Or do you think it is possible to go over 4x for the current design of v4 miniscope just by changing lens combinations?

Thanks again,
Albert