How to connect the scope using the software

Ling WANG

Nov 12, 2021, 8:27:52 AM11/12/21
to Miniscope
Hi everyone,

I'm curretly using the Miniscope V4 and trying to work it following the steps on the miniscope.org website. However, the miniscope.org website has been down for a few days. When will it be back up?
Now, I have just installed Cypress Control Center, and there is the Device in the left column of the Control Center. What should I do next? When I open the MiniScopeControl.exe and click the Connect button in Scope, there is an error message about  'xxCam frame error...'.
The miniscope.org website had tutorials of it, which are now unavailable.

Does anyone have more information?

Yours,
Ling

Fa Peng

Nov 13, 2021, 9:47:56 PM11/13/21
to Miniscope

I don't know what you need.As I know, connectting the line can make the system work. Hope this will help.
 Fa Peng.

Control_Center.gif

Daniel Aharoni

Nov 15, 2021, 12:51:36 PM11/15/21
to Miniscope
Hi,
Sorry for miniscope.org  being down. I am trying to resolve that now. You can follow the information on our GitHub Wikis for guidance here. https://github.com/Aharoni-Lab/Miniscope-DAQ-Cypress-firmware/wiki

Ling WANG

Nov 16, 2021, 3:38:04 AM11/16/21
to Miniscope
Thanks for your reply.

I have followed the procedure and there is somthing wrong. What I owned is a v3.3 DAQ and the "256K_EEPROM.img" file is needed to upload the DAQ (based on the guidance on the GitHub Wikis. https://github.com/Aharoni-Lab/Miniscope-DAQ-Cypress-firmware). However, if I select this file to program, there is a message "Programming the I2C EEPROM Failed" at the bottom of the Cypress Control Center. If I select the "128K_EEPROM.imag" file, the message seems like that in your reply Control_Center.gif to say the programming was successul. I'm not sure if it's all right to work it.

Thank you again.
Ling

Ling WANG

Nov 16, 2021, 3:43:14 AM11/16/21
to Miniscope
Else, after programming the DAQ as above, I opened the Miniscop Controlled software. The Behavior Camera can be connected and there is the real-time image in the behavCam window. However, the Scope Camera cannot be connected and there is a message "msCam frame grab error" at the bottom right of the GUI. Do you know what is wrong with it?

Thanks for your kind help.
Ling

在2021年11月14日星期日 UTC+8 上午10:47:56<9314...@qq.com> 写道:
Message has been deleted

Daniel Aharoni

Nov 16, 2021, 1:37:21 PM11/16/21
to Miniscope
Can you upload a picture of your DAQ?

Ling WANG

Nov 16, 2021, 8:08:00 PM11/16/21
to Miniscope
Hi Daniel,
Thank you for your replies very much.

1. Here are the pictures of our DAQ.
2. During testing the system,  I noticed that a chip of the miniscope is getting especially hot (according to the design of the rigid flex PCB (https://www.labmaker.org/products/miniscope-v4), the chip is that in 'MCU &BNO sensor').

Thanks again for your kind help.
Ling

未标题-1.jpg