Loss of image

Brandon Coventry

Jul 7, 2022, 4:16:15 PM7/7/22
to Miniscope
Hi all,

I had a working miniscope, but today when plugging it in I didn't get an image in the software. I'm able to connect to the scope in software, control LED light and all other options, but no image. I'm attempting to track the problem, and I'm not sure if it's the CMOS sensor, electrowetting lens, or something else. Are there any tests I can run to track the problem?

Thank you!
Brandon

Federico Sangiuliano

Jul 7, 2022, 5:09:27 PM7/7/22
to Miniscope
Hello Brandon. Can you post a screenshot of the windows that open when you connect the miniscope? Do you get any deviceID error?

Thank you

Federico

Brandon Coventry

Jul 8, 2022, 1:44:56 PM7/8/22
to Miniscope
Hi Federico,

Thank you! I'll post screen shots as soon as I get back to the lab, but all normal windows open as when the scope was working, which include the viewing window of the miniscope, all gui controls, and the system message box. There is no deviceID error either.

Brandon Coventry

Jul 12, 2022, 12:22:55 PM7/12/22
to Miniscope
Hi Federico,

Here is the screen grab. Note that when I change the LED power the miniscope's light level does increase/decrease.

MiniscopeScreenCap.png

Federico Sangiuliano

Jul 12, 2022, 5:57:21 PM7/12/22
to Miniscope
Hello Brandon. It looks like your Miniscope is working correctly. What are you trying to image?

Federico Sangiuliano

Jul 13, 2022, 3:31:16 AM7/13/22
to Miniscope
I'm sorry, I think I understand your issue. If you hold your Miniscope to a light source (for example a ceiling light) do you still see a completely black image?

Brandon Coventry

Jul 15, 2022, 12:18:05 PM7/15/22
to Miniscope
No worries! Correct, if I hold it to a light source, I see no image at all. Not even any back reflection from the LED being on at a high intensity.

Federico Sangiuliano

Jul 15, 2022, 3:56:39 PM7/15/22
to Miniscope
Hello Brandon. Your Miniscope is unfortunately defective because the image sensor is not getting power. I would recommend contacting the place where you purchased it for a replacement.

Thank you

Federico