Hi Everyone –
Shylo Stiteler now has baseplates with integrated GRIN lens sleeves (see images attached). Here is some info from him:
He has versions to fit 1mm or 0.5 mm GRIN lenses. Current versions are 5mm total height with a 4mm pocket. Standoff wall thickness is 0.25 mm. The next round will be done on a per order basis. After that the parts will have a .5mm bottom wall thickness with a .5mm standoff.
You can contact him here to order or ask questions:
We have been testing early versions of these out and they work great. Our general workflow is:
1. Attach GRIN lens holder to calibration slide or slide with fluorescent-labeled neurons. You can see Ariel Burman’s lens holder here: https://github.com/moormanlab/miniscope-goodies
2. Put GRIN lens in lens holder.
3. Attach baseplate to Miniscope and mount scope+baseplate on stereotaxic arm. The scope holder we use is at our github.
4. Lower scope+baseplate onto GRIN lens until image from slide comes into focus.
5. Glue GRIN lens to baseplate (just using superglue for now, but probably can use something better in the future).
6. Coat lens surface with silk+GCaMP virus as in Jackman et al., 2018.
7. Implant baseplate+lens+silk/virus in one surgery. The baseplate holder that Ariel designed for surgery is at our github.
We’re still refining, but we now can get baseplated mice with virus at the end of a GRIN lens in a single ~3 hour surgery.
I’m sure there are still adjustments to be made, but I think we’re basically at single-surgery implants from now on. Let us know if you have suggestions, ideas, thoughts, etc.
Thanks so much to Shylo for developing these new baseplates and letting us test them out, thanks to Daniel for the input and suggestions, and thanks to Ariel for helping with development.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Miniscope" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to miniscope+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/miniscope/6ebbbba0-a3a0-407f-881c-764d3e273926n%40googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/miniscope/9341e363-5854-486f-b5e0-6c7f78aac5f2n%40googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/miniscope/3a9fa0d6-6a62-444c-8f5e-38a95525ede6n%40googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/miniscope/ad79c7a4-c69c-4520-b241-6c8d56ae491dn%40googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/miniscope/CA%2BBc_69SQP_KpQMuZmw4BXrQ8jNCCohvJnsW2Z7TJMKtsgOVWw%40mail.gmail.com.