DAQ v2.3 not showing up in device manager/Cypress control center

Gabrielle Siemonsmeier

Dec 19, 2022, 2:17:28 PM12/19/22
to Miniscope
Hi everyone,

I've successfully used an old v2.3 DAQ PCB with both V3 and V4 scopes in the past, but it was recently damaged (L13 burned, presumably due to a short in the coax; we're waiting on some equipment to replace it). I have another seemingly identical v2.3 DAQ PCB which I'd like to use while we wait for our new Open Ephys DAQs to be shipped.
As far as I know, it was never used; all three LEDs turn on when connecting to a computer and a miniscope, but the scope doesn't actually stream when using either the old or new software ("msCam frame grab error!" and "Error: miniscopeDeviceName cannot connect to camera. Check deviceID." regardless of which deviceID is used).
I tried updating the firmware (or installing it, as I don't know whether it was ever programmed) as indicated on the wiki, but the DAQ shows up neither in the device manager (also not as Westbridge under 'Other devices') nor in the Cypress Control Center.
Just wondering whether there's anything I can test/do to get this DAQ up and running. Cheers :)

Gabrielle