Regarding the trigger output of DAQ

Naoki Tomita

Dec 23, 2021, 5:54:17 AM12/23/21
to Miniscope
I would like to use MiniscopeV4 to output a TTL trigger from the DAQ that rises for the same amount of time as the "Exposure Time" of the shot, is this possible?

What do I need to do for that?
PYTHON480.jpg

Daniel Aharoni

Jan 7, 2022, 8:38:08 PM1/7/22
to Miniscope
Hi. Sorry for the delay in responding.

Unfortunately this isn't directly possible. The Miniscope DAQ does not have access to the exact timing of the Miniscope exposure window. I guess this could be calculated and a simulated exposure time could be generated and outputted on one of the DAQ's SMA output ports. This doing this, it should just take some minor modification to the portion of the DAQ firmware code responsible for toggling the sync output when recording is enabled.