Flex pcb for horizontal noise

Ariel Burman

Jun 25, 2021, 3:34:31 PM6/25/21
to Miniscope
Hello,

We have 2 miniscope version 4.2 that are showing the horizontal noise problem.

I saw that there is a hot fix flex PCB that fix this problem, but I'm not sure if it works on version 4.2.

If it does work, where can we get this small flex pcb? Is anyone selling it or we need to buy all the parts individually?

Thanks

Ariel

Daniel Aharoni

Jun 25, 2021, 3:45:02 PM6/25/21
to Miniscope
Hi Ariel,
Yes the hot fix flex PCB can be applied to version 4.2 of the Miniscope. Unfortunately I don't know of any group directly selling an assembled hot fix PCB. You likely can contact OEPS or LabMaker and ask it they will sell you some (feel free to CC me on the email and I can help try to push this through).

You can also pretty easily get everything for this hot fix yourself very cheaply. Order the flex PC from OSHPark and the components from Digikey.

Eric Melonakos

Jun 25, 2021, 3:52:26 PM6/25/21
to Miniscope
Hi Ariel,

Labmaker sells the PCBs: https://www.labmaker.org/products/miniscope-v4-hot-fix-pcb. I haven't had the guts to try soldering it on yet, but at least I have the part. :)

Best,

Eric

Ariel Burman

Jun 25, 2021, 3:57:53 PM6/25/21
to Miniscope
That's great

Thank you Daniel and Eric

Ariel

thomas.p...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2021, 11:27:38 AM7/12/21
to Miniscope
Hi Daniel,

We recently ordered the hot fix flex PCB from labmaker. I would like to solder it on our miniscope but I don't know what kind of wires I need to form the two connections with the flex PCB circuit.

Do you know what kind of wire I need for that?

Thanks,
Thomas

Daniel Aharoni

Jul 12, 2021, 4:28:20 PM7/12/21
to Miniscope
Hi Thomas,
Any thin, insulated wire should work for this application. Probably aim to get wire at least 29 AWG or thinner.

thomas.p...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2021, 11:09:30 AM7/13/21
to Miniscope
Thank you very much, Daniel!