Miniscope V4 & Go!Foton Lenses

Masurkar Lab

Nov 24, 2021, 1:06:48 PM11/24/21
to Miniscope
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone used the Go!Foton relay GRIN lenses with Miniscope V4. It seems like the Inscopix relay GRIN lenses work best.

I have imaged a dorsal region with the Miniscope V3 and an Edmund Optics objective GRIN lens in the past,  and was able to capture many cells. I will now target a deeper structure in the brain, so the diameter will be less.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!
Isabel

Daniel Aharoni

Dec 8, 2021, 4:10:25 PM12/8/21
to Miniscope
Hello Isabel,
In general we think Grintech (sold by Inscopix) lenses perform a bit better than GoFoton lenses. If you end up using GoFoton lenses you need to use their CHL product line and should get the lenses coated in a bio-compatible coating.