Image tearing/scan lines in wirefree V3

Matthew McCann

Dec 8, 2022, 5:14:38 AM12/8/22
to Miniscope
Hello everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced an issue with the Wirefree mini having major scan line artifacts during some frames in the recording. This is different from the scan lines that other users have reported, which could be fixed with the code provided in the V4 notebook. the artifacts look like the attached image, and persist only for one frame. The preceding and following frames look fine. This happens a few times throughout the recording, and although I can use software to exclude these frames from my analysis, I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue.

I'm running the mini with an LED power of 25 and gain of 2, so I wonder if current draw or a loose connection may be to blame.

Thanks for any input you may have!
screen_tear_wf.PNG