DAQ software not showing webcam live image

Ignacio Marin

Dec 1, 2023, 7:55:38 AM12/1/23
to Miniscope
Hi all,

We are using the new DAQ software with Miniscope v3 and a behavioral camera (webcam). When we run the software, it displays the window for the Miniscope live image but not for the webcam live image. While recording, it works (we can see the recorded behavioral video), but the problem arises because we cannot view the live image. This is an issue for us as we are unable to correct the camera's position and establish the correct video configuration. Could you please assist us with this problem?

Thanks!!!

I Marin
Institute of Neurosciences
UAB (Spain)

Jonny Saunders

Dec 13, 2023, 6:15:26 PM12/13/23
to Miniscope

Can you provide more information here or there about the problem? What shows on your screen instead? is it a frozen image, or no window appears at all? Does the software work when recording the webcam alone? What version of firmware/software are you using, and what is the model of the webcam?

Ignacio Marin

Dec 18, 2023, 6:09:09 AM12/18/23
to Miniscope
Thanks Jonny for your reply. We are using build v1.11, if I'm not wrong. Attached you will find a printscreen of what we see when connecting both the miniscope and the camera. Depending of the USB port selected in the device ID we can see the webcam or the miniscope live image in the miniscope window, but we never see a live image in the webcam window. We only see a small white webcam window in the toolbar as shown in the attached printscreen.
Printscreen_miniscope software.jpg