Minian on MacOS

Anna Teruel

Jul 17, 2022, 2:00:35 PM7/17/22
to Miniscope
Hi everyone,

I have been using Miniscope V4 recently, and have just jumped into the analysis to check whether my videos are okay or not. I have tried Minian. However, some why the pipeline is working, but my viewer is "blocked" and I can just check one single frame. When I try to change the frame from the video, I cannot. So I just get a fixed frame from the videos. I am trying with demo videos from Minian Githubt. Perhaps it is important to mention I am using a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020). On this new iOS version, it is not possible to open .avi videos. All videos from Miniscope are .avi. Is it possible that my viewer is not properly working because Python is not reading correctly my videos? If so, any idea on how to solve this?

Anyone having the same issue, or anyone willing to help is welcome.
THANK YOU,
Anna

Anna Teruel

Jul 17, 2022, 2:03:42 PM7/17/22
to Miniscope
Gravació de pantalla 2022-07-17 a les 19.55.03.mov

Anna Teruel

Jul 18, 2022, 6:08:10 AM7/18/22
to Miniscope
I have been overthinking about this issue and think that, perhaps, it is useful if I copy here the computing summary. Then, find attached the output as a .txt file. Maybe there's an issue with bokeh on my laptop?
El domingo, 17 de julio de 2022 a las 20:03:42 UTC+2, Anna Teruel escribió:
output.txt

Anna Teruel

Aug 29, 2022, 4:08:08 AM8/29/22
to Miniscope
Sorry for bothering again, but anyone knows how should I fix this? It's my first time using jupyter notebooks and perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Daniel Aharoni

Oct 12, 2022, 1:20:36 PM10/12/22
to Miniscope
Hi Anna, sorry for the delay in responding to this. Most likely you are using a compression codec on your Miniscope .AVI videos that your Mac doesn't currently support. I don't usually work in iOS but maybe you can look into using FFMPEG to convert these files or download the proper codecs.

Anna Teruel

Oct 14, 2022, 7:20:17 AM10/14/22
to Miniscope
Hi Daniel, thanks for your answer! In the end, I ended up opening the Jupyter Notebook from my browser, where it works. However, in Pycharm it keeps not working. A kind girl called Anne Huinen suggested me using my browser to open the Notebook. Then I wonder if it is not possible to open and work on the notebook from Pycharm. It is not a vital doubt, but I just prefer using Pycharm to my browser as I know better how it works and I can debug.
Anyway, thanks for your answer and your time!
Anna