Videos that cannot be played

potato

Nov 17, 2022, 8:00:22 AM11/17/22
to Miniscope
I found that the videos cannot be played after I recorded for a while, and the playing error is 0xc00d5212. But I can see the normal images when I open the miniscope software and recording. I used the example userconfigs file and only changed deviceID, then I changed codec from FFV1 to GREY, and the error became 0xc00d36c4. Even the video named "test" in the original file cannot be played, its error is 0xc10100be.
I am not sure if there is something need to be fixed that I missed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Ella Hanzin

Dec 1, 2022, 6:03:30 AM12/1/22
to Miniscope
Hey potato,
I just had the same error.
from what i understand the 0xc00d5212 error message pops when some Windows Media Player users try to play AVI videos. “This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported.” Thus, changing the media player is the fast and easiest way to let you watch the video.
I  download  VLC Media player and the problem was fixed, the video played.

good luck Ella:)