huge light artefact in FOV

Martin Jendryka

Sep 24, 2021, 10:28:59 AMSep 24
to Miniscope
Hi everyone,

until now my miniscope (v4) was working without issues. However, today I observed this huge light artefact on the left border of the FOV (see attached image taken without connected mouse).
I'm guessing I damaged sth while attaching the miniscope to the baseplate of the mouse since at first the FOV was fine, but after taking the miniscope off and putting it on again I observed the artefact.

Does someone know what could be the reason for it and how to fix the issue?

Best,
Martin
lightArtefactFOV_miniscope.PNG

Zeeshan

Sep 24, 2021, 11:36:40 AMSep 24
to Martin Jendryka, Miniscope
Hi Martin,

A few possibilities I can think of:

1. Examine the LED or CMOS module closely. It may have come loose from miniscope or might be on an angle.
2. Hold the miniscope in your hand, thumb covering the bottom, and LED high enough that you can see the artifact. Gently shake the miniscope in your hand and/or gently rotate the miniscope in your hand upside down and right side up. Does the artifact move/change at all with your hand movements? If yes, it's possible something is loose inside. Maybe one of the square dichroic mirrors (or even half ball lens).

Could possibly be something else, but those are two common issues I encounter when I notice strange artifacts in the FOV. Hope it helps!

Zeeshan

Martin Jendryka

Sep 24, 2021, 12:03:42 PMSep 24
to Miniscope
Thanks alot, Zeeshan! I gave it one shake and it was gone.

Have a nice weekend!

Martin

Federico Sangiuliano

Sep 24, 2021, 2:22:14 PMSep 24
to Miniscope
Hello Martin. The problem with that miniscope is that it looks like one of the sides of the PCB on the top unglue with the body. To fix it just remove the old glue and glue it again.

Thank you

Federico