Head orientation issues with software v1.11 and v1.10, but not 1.02

Eric Melonakos

Sep 28, 2022, 5:58:39 PM9/28/22
to Miniscope
Is anyone else having issues with the head orientation working on the Miniscope V4 with v1.11 or v1.10 of the software? The Miniscope image doesn't spin, nor does data get written to the headOrientation.csv file (it's just timestamps and zeros). It works fine with v1.02, but not with the newer versions.

Daniel Aharoni

Oct 12, 2022, 1:48:58 PM10/12/22
to Miniscope
Hi Eric,
I am not aware of this issue. Does a little red '!' show up next to the Miniscope Logo that normally would rotate in the Miniscope DAQ Software?

Eric Melonakos

Oct 17, 2022, 9:44:23 AM10/17/22
to Miniscope
Hi Daniel,
I don't see an exclamation point. Here are two videos showing it on v1.02 and v1.11 (which says v.1.10 when Help is clicked, not sure if that's been brought up before):
I've tried it on a laptop and a desktop now, with the same results. Everything seems to work fine except the head orientation data in v1.11 and v1.10. See attached example file.
headOrientation.csv

Federico Sangiuliano

Oct 17, 2022, 11:25:58 PM10/17/22
to Miniscope
Hello Eric. Are you using Windows 10 or 11?

Eric Melonakos

Oct 18, 2022, 7:01:34 AM10/18/22
to Federico Sangiuliano, Miniscope
Windows 10