Miniscope V4.4 temperature and how to exit

Ji hun Kim

Aug 25, 2021, 2:58:14 AM8/25/21
to Miniscope
Hi,
I just received miniscope and found it working really well with the brain slice with GFP dye.
Although it seems to be working well, I found the miniscope module is quite warm/hot(?) to touch.
It is not as severe as unable to touch, but quite warm.
Is it normal for the miniscope to be warm?
(EWL seem to be working; I can change focusing)

In addition, when I exited the software, the blue light was kept on.
Is there a proper way of exiting the software?

Thanks.

Daniel Aharoni

Aug 31, 2021, 5:33:29 PM8/31/21
to Miniscope
Hi,
Depending on the EWL focal position and LED power, the V4 Miniscope can get pretty warm to the touch. It should never get too hot to hold your finger on though. Also, almost all the heat should be coming from the PCB with the coax connector on it and not any of the other rigid portions of the PCB. Usually if the rigid PCB with the blue LED on it gets really hot it means there is an issue (usually a connection issue) with the EWL.

I thought I had updated the software to turn off the excitation LED once recording has stopped but maybe not. I think maybe I only did this when the external trigger option is enabled... You can click that check box and still manually trigger the recording but it should turn off and on the LED when the recording starts/stops.

Ji hun Kim

Sep 1, 2021, 10:24:52 AM9/1/21
to Miniscope
Yes, the heat was majorly coming from the PCB with coax cable attached.
And I will check on the trigger option as well.

Thak you!!

2021년 9월 1일 수요일 오전 6시 33분 29초 UTC+9에 dbah...@gmail.com님이 작성: