How to build minisat core and simp 2.2.0 as shared libraries?

Fred

Apr 11, 2019, 6:47:45 AM4/11/19
to MiniSat
Hi,

I enjoy understanding SAT and minisat in particular. Thanks for minisat!

I would like to build minisat core and minisat simp 2.2.0 as shared libraries. I tried hard but could not fiddle with makefiles enough to make it work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Fred

Norbert Manthey

Apr 12, 2019, 3:55:26 AM4/12/19
to MiniSat
Hi Fred,

see below.
You cannot build shared libraries with that version. As that version is somewhat old, you might want to jump to a more recent one:

MiniSAT: https://github.com/niklasso/minisat
My fork of that with a few improvements on top: https://github.com/conp-solutions/minisat

Not sure what you're up to, but there are also other solvers that extend MiniSat (the version you started from), and added features, e.g. Glucose or MapleSAT. In case you say what you want to achieve with the dynamic library, these solvers might be interesting for you as well (although they do not support being build as shared library either).

Best,
Norert

Thanks!

Fred