problems with getting MiniSat to give output. please help.

anca madalina

Apr 15, 2019, 9:16:23 AM4/15/19
to MiniSat
Hi,
I am very new to Sat Solving and i am studying this for my bachelor thesis.
I have to apply SAT Solving techniques to graph coloring.

I have just installed MiniSat for windows using Cygwin. For this i followed David Wheeler's instructions for installing MiniSat:

http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~hook/logicw11/Assignments/MinisatOnWindows.html

At first i installed the 64-bit version of Cygwin but when opening minisat there was no response let alone output.
After reading on this same group about a similar issure, i uninstalled the 64-bit version and installed the 32-bit version.
Now when i double click minisat.exe this text appears:

Reading from standard input... Use '-h' or '--help' for help.

I thought that this is allright but when typing in -h or --help there was still no reaction.
I also tried to give it the input and output files in.txt and out.txt, with the input file containing the Daving Wheeler example:

https://dwheeler.com/essays/minisat-user-guide-1.0.html

I used this command:
./minisat in.txt out.txt

And still no reactions....i am out of ideas of how to solve this problem.
Please help.

Mate Soos

Apr 15, 2019, 9:30:45 AM4/15/19
to min...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just give the input file. Don't give output file. So only one inoit. Enjoy!

Mate

PS: shameless self-promotion: you can use a web-based SAT solver, running in your browser, also on mobile --https://msoos.github.io/cryptominisat_web/ Maybe it's good enough :)

--

---
Message has been deleted

anca madalina

Apr 15, 2019, 10:00:56 AM4/15/19
to MiniSat
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to min...@googlegroups.com.

Thanks for the quick reply,
i tried what you suggested and still no progress.
I type in the command, press enter and nothing happens...

Web-based might just be my salvation if nothing else works.