Can 2 or more variables be assigned at a time

pg2...@columbia.edu

Apr 4, 2018, 3:28:16 PM4/4/18
to MiniSat
Hi,

I know it is not algorithmically allowed to assign 2 or more variables at a time. I am wondering if the code can allow for multiple variable assignments at a time without propagating information after a single assignment. I would rather prefer to have propagations after all the variables are assigned their respective boolean values.

Thanks in advance!

Allen Van Gelder

Apr 4, 2018, 4:23:14 PM4/4/18
to min...@googlegroups.com
I think you might be able to fake it by having a bunch of binary clauses
(x -> y1), (x -> y2), ... where x is a new variable with an assignment to 1 and
y1, y2, ... are the literals you want to be true simultaneously.
I am pretty sure unit propagation is FIFO
--Allen

--

---