Is it possible to use a different VM image for minikube

Kamesh Velu

Apr 15, 2021, 10:20:37 PM4/15/21
to minikube-dev
Hi
Thanks for this great tool, this is helping a lot in testing locally.

I see minikube using Debian rodete as the VM image. I would like to use different image like Container-Optimized OS  is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Medya

Apr 16, 2021, 12:08:18 AM4/16/21
to Kamesh Velu, minikube-dev
Hi Kamesh

Minikube has a flag to specify your own. Base image for docker driver

minikube start --base-image=yourownimage

You can try to build a kic base yourself if you can make it work with cos

Here is the link to our ubuntu based dockefile

You could build a different one you might need to change the dockerfile and make it work