Facing issue while minikube start

Sharuk Khan

Mar 17, 2020, 5:07:11ā€ÆAM3/17/20
to minikube-dev

I installed oracle virtual Box and using oracle linux environment and trying to set up the environment for new oracle BRM 12 CNE.

while starting minikube i am facing below problem , please guide me to complete this .

[ocbrmcne@localhost ~]$ minikube start --driver=none
šŸ˜„Ā minikube v1.8.2 on Oracle 8.0
āœØĀ Using the virtualbox driver based on existing profile
āŒ› Reconfiguring existing host ...
šŸ”„Ā Starting existing virtualbox VM for "minikube" ...

šŸ’£Ā Unable to start VM. Please investigate and run 'minikube delete' if possible
āŒĀ Error: [VBOX_VERR_VMX_NO_VMX] driver start: Unable to start the VM: /usr/bin/VBoxManage startvm minikube --type headless failed:
VBoxManage: error: VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX)
VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005), component ConsoleWrap, interface IConsole

Details: 00:00:00.665477 Power up failed (vrc=VERR_VMX_NO_VMX, rc=NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0X80004005))
šŸ’”Ā Suggestion: Your host does not support virtualization. If you are running minikube within a VM, try '--driver=none'. Otherwise, enable virtualization in your BIOS
ā‰ļøĀ Related issues:
ā–ŖĀ #1994
ā–ŖĀ #5326

@sharuk123

Thomas Strƶmberg

Mar 17, 2020, 5:46:19ā€ÆPM3/17/20
to Sharuk Khan, minikube-dev

Harkishen Singh

Jun 22, 2020, 2:39:16ā€ÆPM6/22/20
to minikube-dev
This does not seem like a minikube issue. Please try using a different driver, possibly `--driver=docker` or `--driver=kvm2`. For kvm2, install libvirtd.