why the cpu usage of pod always zero?

Liao Chen

Mar 30, 2022, 12:59:20 PM3/30/22
to minikube-dev
I am runing a hpa test in minikube.The metric-server works fine. I could get the memory information when i run the ‘kubectl top pod ’ and i also shows in minikube dashboard.

Then I made stress test  to the pod by wget pod‘s ip. However, the pod's cpu usage is always zero through ‘kubectl top pod ’ and dashboard. and the pods didn't autoscale. Actually, I could get the wget process by top command when I entered the test container. BTW, i could get the cpu and memory usage of node.

I've try many ways to fix it but failed. so, can anyone help me to solve it?

environment:
Docker Desktop 4.6.1
minikube version: v1.25.2
PC:latest version of mac andwindows10(i tried it in two system but got same situation)
1.png2.png3.png4.png