vidalli seed

spear...@yahoo.com.au

Oct 28, 2007, 4:24:35 AM10/28/07
to Miniature Rhapis Palms
can or has any one got the rhapis vidalli from vietnam either seed or
plant

thanks in advance

marty

Rhapis Palm

Oct 28, 2007, 6:02:40 PM10/28/07
to Miniature Rhapis Palms
Hi Marty,

I waited to reply until I had checked this out with a botanist who has
studied rhapis and was told
'many rhapis specie originate from this part of the world! To say that
this is a new specie is misleading as it displays characteristics that
are similar if not the same to other specie like gracilis, micanthra
and/or laosensis.
Have you seen it? I couldn't find a picture of it anywhere.

Regards

spear...@yahoo.com.au

Oct 29, 2007, 2:16:12 AM10/29/07
to Miniature Rhapis Palms
hey mate if you go to the IPS in the issue Vol.50(1) Mar.2006 page 11
Leonid V.Averyanov (komarov bot institute.
and
Nguyen Tien Hiep, Phan Ke Loc of ( institute of ecoligy and biological
resources of veitnam academy of science and tec)
did research on this species so it is out there and we need to get it
here in aus :)
the photos of this species look exciting and i need to own one
regards marty

> > marty- Hide quoted text -

Rhapis Palm

Oct 29, 2007, 4:03:50 AM10/29/07
to Miniature Rhapis Palms
hi marty ,

I went to the IPS web site and found the article. I guess I'll have to
join to read it!
I hope you find it in Aus. Is it a miniature like the rhapis
indonesia?