Brown tips on palm

birodo

Apr 13, 2007, 8:38:40 PM4/13/07
to Miniature Rhapis Palms
morning everyone,
Hey, I am having a problem with my rhapis! I have this new cane trying
to grow out of one of the holes at the bottom of the pot. I don't want
to cut it off as it doesn't have any roots but it would be impossible
to pull the plant out of the pot otherwise. Any suggestions?
April

Rhapis Palm

Apr 13, 2007, 8:51:34 PM4/13/07
to Miniature Rhapis Palms
Morning Birodo,

If its a plastic pot- you'll have to sacrifice it and cut down the
side. When you replant you can re orientate the new cane. If its in a
nice pot that you treasure, maybe wait until the cane develops some
roots then try to 'amputate' the cane.

eastern.nurseries

Apr 15, 2007, 3:30:42 AM4/15/07
to Miniature Rhapis Palms
Hi April,

If that plant is in a clay pot you could try flushing the old potting
mix out with a hose (if you're allowed to use one!) This might loosen
the plant in the container and you may be able to gently feed the new
cane out. Good luck!

Jon