MMC v0.7.0 the "Damage Adjustments and Avatar Unlock System" release [2/7/2022]

Mini Militia Classic Alpha Force

Feb 9, 2022, 4:46:36 AM2/9/22
to Mini Militia Classic Alpha Force
Hello you beautiful testers. It has been a brutal four, work-filled, weeks here. Here is a new release. Can we do the next in three weeks or less? Probably not AND keep our families happy, but we'll try to do both as they are important to us.

Many explanations to follow the release notes. Please read as much as you can. Please join and ask our community leaders to explain the changes. Join us on Discord to report and connect with us (on occasion) and our team of helpers and volunteers. Thank you!

-Hunter (and Chad)

v0.7.0 Release Notes
- Adjusted servers and clients to fix a damage discrepancy issue (time to retest ALL your damage issues to see if they are still issues)
- Adjusted damage of gas clouds. it's easier to skirt the sides quickly, but pausing in gas will kill you very quickly (i.e., keep moving away from center to take less damage as quickly)
- Adjusted hit detection system in an attempt to fix shots that were occasionally being counted as misses when they should not have "aka the no neck shot bug". This change ONLY affects the visual hit box shot behaviors. It needs testing in larger sustained firefights.
- Added a new avatar unlock system (using tokens; prices are not final, chances of unlocking any one avatar is equal at this time (no avatar rarity... yet...))
- Added a death message cause to the end of a kill message in game to help debug cause of death during testing
- Fixed issue in training (ammo issues)
- Fixed COOP Survival (LAN) bugs (there were many)
- Fixed LAN bugs (bugs we fixed via server fixes for online play in the first week of the release.)
- Fixed loadout selection not being able to override the default in Cv4 game mode with a non-zero spend limit
- Fixed a caching bug on leaderboard config data
- Fixed a profile caching bug

Re-Test all your previously reported damage issues:
Damage is now processed differently. It's a minor change, but over time it could have and the old client wasn't allowing for correction. That has been changed. Therefore it is time to test for all the damage problems again.

QuickPlay Changes
Thank you for continuing to crash into the quick play servers even when they were not staying online. Several crashes showed us where improvements could be made. We're still running tools that will be detected as lag during peak times, BUT after this past weekend, we are certain we found the bug! Now to let it run and see if it truly is fixed. We expect to not need those tools after this release is known stable and we can see how much better it runs.

Cover mechanism head hitbox mechanic changes (albeit slight, but noticeable)
We made some changes to how hits on head shots are calculated. As noted in the release notes above, the head shot 'misses' (does no damage to) the player while they are using the cover mechanism (crouch/ducking.) But now, shot streaks will stop (visually) when they hit the ducked player's head (they used to pass through.) So probe these 'shot scenarios' in your testing and let us know if this is better or worse. We're on the fence, but if it fixes the elusive 'neck shot miss bug' then we may just choose to live with this. We also acknowledge this may not be the perfect and final fix on this, but we think in time we can do better with this new way.

Seasons ('leaderboards why you no update!')
We have to fix a processing bug keeping the leaderboard from producing new scores daily. We will start up a new season when that is working.

Planned Earn and Spend Changes
Shortly after release, the following will change:
Watching ads will earn 10 tokens to spend (instead of 1)
Suppressing Ads will cost 10 tokens now (instead of 1)
Avatar slot unlocks:
- The first one is free
- Avatar Slots are set to start at 100 tokens, the next is 110, and every subsequent unlock is +10 tokens past the previous
-Saving an avatar will prompt you to watch an ad, reminding us of the cost of these servers. pass holders will not have this nag, but everyone can contribute this way. There may not be an ad in your area. You get to pass then. No sponsor with ad, no ad view. It happens. I will work on getting better sponsors for us so we can afford more so we can have more of everything (servers everywhere. etc.)

Alpha or Beta? Where are we?
Yes... this is still Alpha. We have got to get to the point where ads, tokens, and real money are part of the app before we move to Beta. We're working on all those things now, so when they are all done and **ready** we will start the Beta. We will preannounce as we will prepare for our next steps. Our goal is to be in a monetized early access state ASAP.