MMC Alpha 'Beta Candidate 1' v.0.11.0 is releasing now on Google Play; Apple is still in review

11 573 показвания
Преминаване към първото непрочетено съобщение

Mini Militia Classic Alpha Force

непрочетено,
17.04.2023 г., 19:35:1517.04.23 г.
до Mini Militia Classic Alpha Force
Mini Militia Classic v.0.11.0 is releasing now on Google Play** and Apple is still in review and Apple will release immediately after they finish their review (iOS users will get an email)

**Google play will take anywhere from 1~24 hours to publish... typically... we have zero control over this. If you have trouble and retry never works... You can reboot or try wiping your Google Play store app cache to speed that up or simply wait till Google Play sorts itself out.
[NOT the MMC app!!! that doesn't make Google Play store app work more better.]

The Google Play app store app typically only checks for an update on your installed apps once every 24 hours or after you update everything that needs an update... you can force the Play app's hand by deleting any of the Play App's cached data, if you wipe ALL data you have to log back into the Google Play app if its different than your device account.)

What is v0.11.0, "We are alpha testing the first beta release candidate..." That's a bit of a mouthful and mentally confusing to grok. We think this is close enough as a starting point. Once officially in the Android beta, Google Play users (on Android 12+) will see us in the section google has for early release, but that's not now. That is LATER! But this is the end of the Alpha. There will probably be another beta candidate after this one. Although a lot of the work to do is behind the scenes!

As you might guess/infer by the version number change this new client is not compatible with the previous version (v0.10.x != v0.11.x). After we know it's widely available we'll be slowly moving the current servers off and updating them and putting them on the new once we know that it's ready to go.

We will be transferring servers in the non-South Asia regions to use on the new update. There is already South Asia servers ready on the new update. Expect to see the others on the old client disappear over the next few days and in week or so we will remove online support for the old version altogether. A warning will be popping up telling you to upgrade... as of now... that is now... if you haven't already. You can skip it and when can update... join us. This is independent setting so whether your Google Play app is ready or not this will happen. These things take time. In 24-48 hours we will start looking at the Google Play access concerns if any remain. Last time we had very very few.

Check out the release notes they're already posted to the web in app
https://www.appsomniacs.com/static/games/doodlearmy2/news.html#id.releasenotes

ALSO #1 Access to a non-Google Play signed distributable APK: For those of you NOT on google play but want an android build. We tested downloading an APK directly using discord... until they block us... why not.  We require a Google signed app to connect to all of our backend services (some work when not signed... but thats another discussion about modded clients that will happen later.) and that signed apk is accessible AFTER the release is reviewed and out, etc. That side-loading test was nominally a success where in the past side-loading from another device didn't work unless it basically matched the device on all formats (screen, architecture, etc.) The universal client is a bit larger as it has to have support for every architecture in it... It's not something that we will walk people through. It is there for the people who know how. Maybe community members will help. Feel free to ask. It is there for those who want to try, or Google Play won't let them have access... or they aren't on Google Play (purchasing will be OFF for those installs) and their crashes will show us where we need more work to be back compatible to support those out of band downloads. Look for that later in the week or next week. Give us time to make sure this build is nominally operational then look for that. We will announce here too.

ALSO #2 Missing Detail on the release notes:The release notes lacks some details about the "Global Custom Load-out"  some custom game players may want to experiment with... You can set a load-out to have NO weapons (still can't zero out 'nades... work on that later.) But it's to support the idea you don't start a game with any weapons. I mean... I don't know ANY that does that and I don't know what kind of game modes that kind of thing would lead to either... (stay tuned... )

KNOWN ISSUE There is an avoidable bug found that crashes the client. During the creation or edit of a custom load-out avoid the crash by not tapping an empty secondary weapon slot when the primary is empty. It is already fixed, ready for the next release, and will drop in v0.11.1 (our second beta release candidate... We will be keeping count for a while yet... we're alpha until we are not!)
Отговор до всички
Отговор до автора
Препращане
0 нови съобщения