MMC v0.5.2 Day 1 Patch

Mini Militia Classic Alpha Force

Oct 15, 2021, 12:27:58 AM10/15/21
to Mini Militia Classic Alpha Force
Hey all,

Martin busted out a communication for us about the latest update v0.5.2. It has been released to Google and Apple for immediate release once they finish review. I know people have it already, I am one that does not (via Google or Apple.)

Thank you for testing and reporting.

tl;dr nade glitch fix, ammo not a glitch explanation "its a feature" sort of, a "hey we found and fixed a crash", and a new feature we snuck in... (Saaaaay Whaaaa!)... and more ... read on below.

Without further ado please read Martin' stellar and detailed communication that they boiled down from numerous interviews today while Chad and I were working on getting this out the door.

Thanks!!!
-Hunter

--- The Gory Details Of a Day 1 Patch ---

First, we want to give a shoutout to all of you that helped us hunt down the No Damage glitch. Our Bug Report channel on the Discord server was on fire with fantastic debugging and repeated testing. The results reported helped us pinpoint the section of old code that was triggering the anti-hacker response from the server. Thank you for your patience and dedication to making this game great. We wouldn't be here without your support.
Here's our Discord link again in case you want to join in on the fun:
Appsomniacs Official
https://discord.gg/d6A2UjwA25

We also want to give a shoutout to our network of YouTubers that have been regularly reporting on the content of MMClassic. You can find on their channels instructional videos as well as news coverage about the latest releases and new or upcoming features. Check out these channels for summaries of the latest release:
1020: Mini Gamer, Meenanitia, SA Gaming ADDA, The King DA2 and Grenade Killers.

v0.5.1 Bug Fixes:
- Fixed "No Damage" glitch (for the reason that MOST people were affected by it. report it if it happens again. We'll check the logs!)
- Fixed "Wrong Map Loading" glitch (we think, we still can't repeat this in house, but we see the problem.)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the lobby list was found empty (but was expected to not be empty... yet)

v0.5.2 Fixes/Changes:
- Fixed grenade issue where throw button was missing
- Fixed HUD scope zoom config crash (long press on scope button to open/close the config)
- Fixed CTF reporting a flag score for the wrong team (just the message, the score is still right) + Added prompt for initial Loadout choice on game start (when loadouts are enabled)

v0.5.x Game Adjustments:
- Adjusted weapon spawning to be more consistent (~60 second cycles once spawned/dropped) this will clean up weapons, be more like late v3 weapon spawning behaviors (this got messed up with the addition of CTF flags, but we've rooted out the issues therein.)
- Added adjustable zoom per weapon (long press on scope button to OPEN and CLOSE the button IN GAME) [Someone should make a video showing that off... ;D]
- Dropped Quick Play's battle coin allowed maximum to 5k (down from 10k)
- Reduced pushback from weapon damage by 15%
- Changed the Battle Point value selector for custom game config so that it will cycle to the max allowed like the time button
- Added version info to the Alpha watermark to aid in troubleshooting screenshots and videos
- Stopped this month's scheduled season and ended it today. We will start a new one once we have most folks updated ~Oct 15 (we hope)
- It is possible to have an empty hand (no weapon), especially when the server decides a weapon belongs somewhere else (e.g., when weapons are picked up at the same time because only one player will get the item) this will mostly be seen when a CTF flag is capped.

- Altered Ammo Reload... slightly... sort of... (this is NOT a bug, its just not finished part of the server management system YET) - When a weapon spawns OR player drops a weapon on the ground another player can use the ammo present in the dropped weapon as per usual. Unlike previous versions it only takes from the weapon what it needs to fill your ammo and leaves the rest (that is new behavior, it used to just despawn the weapon, but we don't need to do that anymore.) When the ammo becomes 0 the weapon will despawn. Only part of the weapons processing has been moved to the server so there are some anomalies with how ammo gets used up. This situation is temporary and eventually the server is going to manage all of it and it will be cleaner, I think we will keep the ammo sharing but make sure its just one weapons worth per spawn, let us know what you think. Keep in mind unless you pick up a weapon it WILL despawn as if it was untouched. i.e., consuming ammo does not count as a pickup in this initial system.

v0.5.x Known Issues:
Health Bar at zero? - It is possible to appear at zero health until your client is updated by the server. A future update will make this clearer (and update and correct it self faster.) The server decides when you are dead. You are not cheating. Point to this if you are accused of such for that reason. Unless you are, then shame on you. ;P

Custom Maps - Custom maps and mods will be broken. The last release broke spawning for custom maps. This release will break your sniper lobbies, weapon rain, and anything that would change the map drops. I'm sorry, because there is some legit, non-cheating fun happening in the custom games space. It won't stay broken forever and I vow to make it as temporary as possible. We are many weeks out from a possible solution and having the time to implement a fix but we will eventually have custom TMX in the game again.