ALPHA v0.10.6 iOS LAN Update (& notes about the survey)

Mini Militia Classic Alpha Force

Feb 27, 2023, 4:30:24 PM2/27/23
to Mini Militia Classic Alpha Force
v0.10.6 is an update for iOS devices. This release is to fix the LAN issue caused by the iOS 16 update that made LAN players unable to connect to each other. Check Testflight for the latest release.

And in other news...
Thank you to those of you that have filled out our feedback survey. The form is still open if you want to rate some of our v.10.x changes.  (https://forms.gle/TGF3qqLG8BviUfWw7)

There are a couple of areas that have some very divided opinions so we wanted to expand some information about them:
CHANGES TO SNIPER
Sniper is a highly contested weapon with people either loving it or hating it. The biggest complaint is that sniper is too overpowered. To make sniper more balanced we could either make it more expensive, reduce the damage, or reduce the ammo.

More expensive - In v0.7.2, we increased the battlecoin cost. That didn't seem to make much of a difference in the number of complaints. 50k battlecoin games are super popular and a 1200 cost to sniper didn't make much of a dent in the player feedback.

Reduce damage - In v0.7.3, we added damage attenuation that would make each weapon decrease damage over distance -- this was felt most with sniper and shotgun. (wiki page: https://mini-militia-classic.fandom.com/wiki/How_does_Damage_Work%3FFeedback said that players *strongly* disliked that change so damage was adjusted again in v0.8.0. Feedback was encouraging that this adjustment was better, but complaints still came in and players wanting the v4 game experience didn't want attenuation at all. In v0.9.2, attenuation was turned off for all CV4 games.

Reduce ammo - The ammo reduction change in v0.10.5 is targeted for the non-CV4 games that make use of loadouts. In these types of games the player that wants a OP version of sniper will need to pay for the extra specials that will increase its effectiveness (like hi-cap mag, hi-velocity, shot stabilizer). Otherwise, the gun will carry one less ammo (3) without the hi-cap mag special.

CV4 COVER SHIELD
The creation of the cover shield comes from a bug that existed in DA2 that allowed the head hit box to block all shots while a player was crouched. We discovered this bug and made a correction in MMC v0.7.0. The outcry from that change was loud and we hadn't realized how much that bug was being used as a blocking mechanic.

Starting in v0.9.2, we put the old coverage back in the form of the "cover shield" in the CV4 games. If you have "Enhanced Visuals" turned on, you will see the shield as a kind of forcefield. Regardless of whether you have the visuals turned on, the cover shield is enabled in all CV4 games.

Our Comms Officer has updated the wiki page with more detailed information and screenshots of how the crouch mechanism works:
https://mini-militia-classic.fandom.com/wiki/Crouching_Guide

These changes don't have to be set in stone. We want to keep experimenting with various tweaks to create balance and plan to make more adjustments once we are in Beta. Some players care less about balance than others and want the sniper to be OP. The challenge is to make those kind of settings obvious so players know what kind of game they will be playing. Then eventually let players filter the games list to find the type that they like.

As always, we like getting feedback from our players. You can reply here or send and email to us at testing...@appsomniacs.com​We also have a Discord server https://discord.gg/d6A2UjwA25.