Patch Release v0.9.3 - Bug fixes and new CV4 "Classic Cover" [replaces the deflector being tested in cv4]

Mini Militia Classic Alpha Force

Dec 13, 2022, 8:42:21 PM12/13/22
to Mini Militia Classic Alpha Force
The Amazing Comms officer has come to our announcement rescue (thank you for writing this and reminding me I didn't say anything  on our public channels that the patch went live over 24 hours ago... whoops. We're very busy ALREADY working on two releases somewhat simultaneously (a patch v0.9.4 and the next client/server incompatible release v0.10.0), getting bugs triaged (ranking them in importance of fixing sooner than later), figuring out where to draw the line on public beta launch, and even dealing with external business partners. Anybody else want a piece of us? 😋... Onwards into the breach I say!
-Hunter

AND NOW SOME AWESOME WORDS FROM OUR COMMS OFFICER:
Well that patch release went out faster than we could write up documentation. Hunter is still working on updating the website with the release notes [it's up, but I forgot to spell check it... 😬 I should fix that -Hunter], but I have the list and wanted to share it with you all now. We have already got reports of some bugs in v0.9.3 (phasr and rpg are broken while crouching in CV4). Another hot-fix release of v0.9.4 will be going out very soon. I'm going to review the current bug reports and make sure the Devs have a complete list before that next patch goes out.

Fixes for v0.9.3
  • Fixed ads popping up mid game after editing controls mid game (and pushing to your profile/online save)
  • WRONGLY REPORTED AS FIXED (we just fixed the ad popping up mid game issue): Fixed occurrence of loadouts stopping to show up mid game when you should have spend to see them (related to mid game controls editing)
    Again this was wrongly reported fixed! Our fix just stopped the ads!  Sorry for the misunderstanding getting vocalized. The fix is almost ready and will be in v0.9.4.
  • Fixed co-op LAN host crash (2nd player start game crash is still not fixed)
  • Fixed co-op Survival auto killing players as they move around the map into certain areas (was caused by map misloading)
  • Tweaked pickup speeds even further than was seen with v0.9.2
  • Shotgun MMC META adjustment. (Global; all game types/modes) The shotgun hits harder further. Adjusted to live in a post any-scope world. "Don't close on a shotty without a plan, you will not win." This should restore some of the Cv4 shotgun experience that was lost with everyone having any battlefield awareness they want now.
  • Set max player counts - Ranked (quick play) = 6; Custom Social & Ranked (player defined custom and quickplay) = 8; WIFI LAN = 16; Survival Co-op LAN = 2 (there are reasons, most are network performance related. Yes it's possible to have more *attempt* to play in large rooms online, but it hurts server capacity and network sensitive players have a real bad experience. It's a problem we will solve someday, but not for public beta launch. We need to launch quality performance soon. Setting the rooms larger is highly discouraged (We haven't banned anyone for this yet, but I can see you. Consider this the first warning. Be careful and don't give us a reason to be awnry about it.)
  • Adjusted and added more security and cheat prevention systems (details redacted [OPSEC])
  • Replaced the Cv4 cover mechanism added in v0.9.0(deflector shield.) This cover mechanism will function differently and add a small 'graphic' representing the protected (invulnerable area.) Not positional, covers top of ducked head much lower than the collision bug, allowing a player to gain cover from areas lost when the bug that disallowed shooting through a player to hit.
  • Altered scoping speed on site when zoom levels change (weapons or death) this makes the aim indicator move extend wrongly but this is a placeholder till we get a better solution.
  • Tweaked FOV to better support oddly ratio'd displays (aim assist going off the screen).
  • Tweaked grenade explosions slightly. Future fixes to network messaging slated to drop in v0.10.0 will greatly improve (and replace) this solution.
  • Adjust region selector (fixed a crashes seen in the crash logs)
  • Fixed crashes and non-display issues with the region selection scene
  • Updated Rewarded Ad Video SDK (Android)
  • Solved the mystery of the missing logs (Game Server)
Just a quick note about what will come next...
Devs have another release branch started (v0.10.0) but it requires a server update. So there are some bugs you all may have reported that the Devs have fixed but the changes can't be pushed out until the servers get updated. You all will want to do more bug fix validation after v0.10.0 goes out.

The upcoming v0.10.0 stuff will include some BIG improvements to the network performance over longer/slower distances. Internal testing is looking VERY good and the Devs are excited for players to test this out. Also the Devs want to have the server regions turned on by then. They believe these two new features will vastly improve the player experience.

Also the deflector will return in v0.10.0 as a loadout option that can be tested without a code change. The "Classic Cover" will remain in Cv4 to complete more acceptance testing.

As always, the official release notes will be posted to the Appsomniacs website.
https://appsomniacs.com/Static/Games/DoodleArmy2/news.html#id.releasenotes