Re: How to fix "Can't connect to Minecraft.net" when I click Login on old Minecraft Launcher?

William Li

Jul 5, 2021, 2:35:41 PM7/5/21
to mineshafter
Windows 98? Why? I would convert that system to a Linux one if possible.
Even if you do get a launcher to support Java 5, the latest minecraft you can play is probably 1.7.10, or maybe 1.8
because newer Minecraft versions require newer Java.

And we also need graphics, as Minecraft requires graphics features (OpenGL and stuff).
Your graphics version is probably really old, making it difficult to play recent versions of Minecraft

Do you have an official Minecraft account?

Please join the discord group. https://discord.gg/hxvyrcJ

On Sun, 4 Jul 2021 at 02:26, Nguyễn Hữu Minh Khôi <minhkh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a old computer(Windows 98 computer), I want to play Minecraft on my old computer, but only Java 5 support for Windows 98, I searched on Internet and finally, I downloaded Minecraft for Windows 98, I openned Minecraft.exe(A file that I downloaded), I must login to play, when I login with my minecraft.net account, an error "Can't connect to Minecraft.net" will appear and Play Offline button will grayed out. Is there any launcher that requires java runtime environment 1.5.0?