Cannot find class "info.mineshafter.GameStarter"?

sanipy

Feb 6, 2016, 1:50:19 PM2/6/16
to mineshafter
Hi. Today I had a problem, then I updated. Then I had another problem. It says: "Cannot load or find main class info.mineshafter.GameStarter".
Pics:

Please help. Thank you!

sanipy

Feb 6, 2016, 1:53:33 PM2/6/16
to mineshafter
EDIT: IT IS NOT FORGE

Fabián Rodríguez Santana

Feb 6, 2016, 9:39:36 PM2/6/16
to mineshafter
Hi, i found that can fix this if you put default folder: "C:\Users\Youruser\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft". If you have install in other folder, always java error.

sanipy

Feb 6, 2016, 9:56:55 PM2/6/16
to mineshafter
Thank you! It really works!

jy.pii

Feb 7, 2016, 4:47:35 AM2/7/16
to mineshafter
What did you do? I'm getting the same error.

Freccia Rossa

Feb 7, 2016, 7:07:40 AM2/7/16
to mineshafter
Hi there! I got the same problem using mineshafter, what do you mean by "put default folder"?

רועי מיכאל

Feb 7, 2016, 7:47:14 AM2/7/16
to mineshafter
i got the same error to ... what did u do to make it work?? please help

בתאריך יום שבת, 6 בפברואר 2016 בשעה 20:50:19 UTC+2, מאת sanipy:

martin.fil...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2016, 8:12:27 AM2/7/16
to mineshafter

On Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 7:50:19 PM UTC+1, sanipy wrote:
Hi. Today I had a problem, then I updated. Then I had another problem. It says: "Cannot load or find main class info.mineshafter.GameStarter".
Pic

Please help. Thank you!

Abishek Aneese

Feb 7, 2016, 8:30:07 AM2/7/16
to mineshafter
What do you mean by "default folder: C:\Users\Youruser\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft"?

Red Trek

Feb 7, 2016, 9:12:30 AM2/7/16
to mineshafter
I believe he means putting the launcher in the %appdata%/roaming/minecraft area.

Red Trek

Feb 7, 2016, 9:14:01 AM2/7/16
to mineshafter
NVM it didnt work D;

Jimothy

Feb 7, 2016, 12:21:50 PM2/7/16
to mineshafter

On Sunday, February 7, 2016 at 9:14:01 AM UTC-5, Red Trek wrote:
NVM it didnt work D;

Has a solution been found? I tried moving the launcher into the /.minecraft folder with no sucess.

Freccia Rossa

Feb 7, 2016, 1:08:02 PM2/7/16
to mineshafter
Im' trying to go up to an older version, let's see what comes out

Freccia Rossa

Feb 7, 2016, 1:31:01 PM2/7/16
to mineshafter
It says ready to UPDATE and play 1.8.9 in the bottom right corner, that means there have been changements, let me check...

At 04:13 Lucy Hemmingsack says:
As you may be aware, Minecraft, provided by Mineshafter, had suddenly stopped working a few days ago. The developer has tried two different attempts at trying to fix the problem. From what I can tell, the second most recent one at the time of writing this had worked the best and fixed the problem.
This is my concern for it:
I have both a Mac and a Windows, which means I would be able to test out the new launcher on both systems. I tried it out on the Mac first, and it fixed the problem without me performing any attempts of tweeking the folder. It runs smoothly as if nothing happened and started with 1.8.9. Unfortunately, for the windows, it didn't work. There is an error message that comes up saying "Error: Could not find or load main class info.mineshafter.GameStarter" when clicking the Play button. I don't know if that's just me or if its for many windows users. I had deleted the original .minecraft folder from before any of this happened, which means this is starting of on a clean slate, I guess. When starting up the launcher, I get as far as getting onto the update screen controlled by Minecraft themselves, which is better than the blank white screen that had started this whole dilemma. Too bad I can't play the actual game. I would really like to play Minecraft again, as I can't use the Mac to play since its the family computer and other members of the family are using it 99% of the time. Please reply to this post and provide some advice that wouldn't damage or start up a wild goose chase. Thank you.

These means mineshafter team is working in order to solve this problem, so maybe the most logical thing is to wait, but if you don't want to...

Lucy Hemmingsack 8:17
UPDATE!!!!!:
I have fixed the problem!!!!!
I copied the minecraft folder on the mac and uploaded it on my windows. I noticed a few files missing from the windows folder (i.e. Options file). It now works and I cannot be any happier! If you need any help, please comment on this post and hopefully the developer sees, or I can try to help.

I asked Lucy to upload the mac .minecraft folder, and here is the discussion:

Jimothy

Feb 7, 2016, 3:06:00 PM2/7/16
to mineshafter
Very helpful. Thank you.

Freccia Rossa

Feb 7, 2016, 3:11:15 PM2/7/16
to mineshafter
You're welcome ;)

Jimothy

Feb 7, 2016, 3:14:03 PM2/7/16
to mineshafter
I'm just gonna wait it out. I don't see the update thing that you did, but I'm sure they'll come out with something

On Sunday, February 7, 2016 at 3:11:15 PM UTC-5, Freccia Rossa wrote:
You're welcome ;)
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

BROMERO2102

Feb 7, 2016, 4:02:56 PM2/7/16
to mineshafter
i keep getting the error please help

AlienModderHD

Feb 7, 2016, 4:10:15 PM2/7/16
to mineshafter
Can someone upload the missing files if there is any i really want to play minecraft

Kavithan Jey

Feb 7, 2016, 6:44:37 PM2/7/16
to mineshafter
it says Error: Could not find or load main class info.mineshafter.GameStarter
for me and i do not know how to fix it. please help me

Kavithan Jey

Feb 7, 2016, 6:45:46 PM2/7/16
to mineshafter
i have windows 7 or 8

Angel Puente

Feb 7, 2016, 8:26:14 PM2/7/16
to mineshafter
Pics:um can you explain to me clearer

Jimothy

Feb 7, 2016, 9:47:54 PM2/7/16
to mineshafter
I tried moving the launcher. It doesn't work. He means moving the launcher to the .minecraft folder.

Freccia Rossa

Feb 8, 2016, 5:36:00 AM2/8/16
to mineshafter
Guys I tried to upload a zip file of win10 .minecraft folder but i have several problems so i won't do it... i'm sorry

Kavithan Jey

Feb 8, 2016, 7:38:37 AM2/8/16
to mineshafter
when i click play it says this, Error: Could not find or load main class info.mineshafter.GameStarter
what do i do?

BROMERO2102

Feb 8, 2016, 8:44:35 PM2/8/16
to mineshafter
can  you explain please

C L E A R recklesspk

Feb 8, 2016, 9:32:24 PM2/8/16
to mineshafter
Hey i dont understand

Alcohol Hero

Feb 9, 2016, 10:36:49 AM2/9/16
to mineshafter
copy and paste the launcher in yr desktop....the run ...it works

David Raz

Feb 9, 2016, 6:02:43 PM2/9/16
to mineshafter
It doesn't work for me, im on mac ;-;

David Raz

Feb 9, 2016, 6:03:10 PM2/9/16
to mineshafter
I tried a different cracked launcher but it's way too laggy.

playstation3playa66

Feb 12, 2016, 11:47:23 AM2/12/16
to mineshafter
I had the same problem. I upgraded to windows 10 and my mineshafter needed to update, so I went to the mineshafter site but I found out it didn't launch (could not find main class error thing). Ive tried various things, but what I did was downloading the torrent and downloading it via uTorrent. Its the bottom most option on the download page. I don't know if it matters but I opened the official MC launcher before launching the jar i got from the torrent. Also, I downloaded the MEGA.nz .jar too. I deleted my .minecraft and then I tried to launch the MEGA.nz one, but it didnt work. Trying the torrented .jar on the appdata the MEGA.nz jar created worked for me. I know most of this doesn't matter and deleting .minecraft and then taking the torrented jar probaly works fine, but I just wanted to give you all my ' method' .
TL;DR: I am on windows 10 and using the bottom most (torrent) link from mineshafter download page worked for me.
Hope I helped.

LPS Angel TV

Feb 12, 2016, 12:23:12 PM2/12/16
to mineshafter
Hello,i had the same problem,but i dont understand,please help meeeeee im a nooby noob :3

Megh Patel

Feb 12, 2016, 4:28:21 PM2/12/16
to mineshafter

On Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 1:53:33 PM UTC-5, sanipy wrote:
EDIT: IT IS NOT FORGE

playstation3playa66

Feb 13, 2016, 11:41:36 AM2/13/16
to mineshafter
Download this jar:magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2AD8C35E2A81E0DC997ACDDD9221889EC9DF8CFC&dn=Mineshafter-launcher.jar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce
If the link doesn't work go to mineshafter.info, go to the download page and choose Torrent.
You should have uTorrent or some similar program to download it.
It should work. (If not try deleting .minecraft, but back your save folder up if you dont want to lose worlds)

Express Zero

Feb 13, 2016, 11:27:02 PM2/13/16
to mineshafter
I have found a much easier solution.
Right-click .minecraft folder.
GOTO: Properties, Security Tab, Advanced Button, Owner Tab, click EDIT.
Single-click your name on the "Change Owner to" list (yes, I understand it shows you already as the owner) and then click the box "Replace Owner on subcontainers and objects".  Click OK 4 times.
Enjoy!
Message has been deleted

gamin...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2016, 3:05:13 AM2/19/16
to mineshafter

MinecraftHero23

Mar 5, 2016, 6:07:41 AM3/5/16
to mineshafter
Please help!!! I got a same ploblem as you guys, i tried Fabian Rodriguez Santana ways but it did'nt work. :(

Vào 19:47:14 UTC+7 Chủ Nhật, ngày 07 tháng 2 năm 2016, רועי מיכאל đã viết:
i got the same error to ... what did u do to make it work?? please help

בתאריך יום שבת, 6 בפברואר 2016 בשעה 20:50:19 UTC+2, מאת sanipy:
Hi. Today I had a problem, then I updated. Then I had another problem. It says: "Cannot load or find main class info.mineshafter.GameStarter".
Pics:

Please help. Thank you!

luc...@staps.org.uk

Mar 7, 2016, 4:42:24 PM3/7/16
to mineshafter

On Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 6:50:19 PM UTC, sanipy wrote:
Hi. Today I had a problem, then I updated. Then I had another problem. It says: "Cannot load or find main class info.mineshafter.GameStarter".
Pics:

Please help. Thank you!

Yusef Aslam

Mar 19, 2016, 4:00:43 PM3/19/16
to mineshafter
what you need to do is put mineshafter launcher folder into .minecraft appdata folder
Message has been deleted

Michał

May 27, 2016, 10:16:32 AM5/27/16
to mineshafter
I fixed this error by making a copy of Mineshafter-launcher.jar and naming it ms-starter.jar.

Faustas Grigorjevas

Jun 4, 2016, 2:28:59 PM6/4/16
to mineshafter

BaldShot_Rocks

Jun 6, 2016, 1:29:17 AM6/6/16
to mineshafter
Follow the instructions on Mineshafter website here: http://mineshafter.info/downloads, just scroll down.
Hope that works for you!
-BaldShot_Rocks

Alex Alex

Jun 12, 2016, 9:53:23 AM6/12/16
to mineshafter

Alex Alex

Jun 12, 2016, 9:54:22 AM6/12/16
to mineshafter
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Gamer Gamer 1987

Jun 24, 2016, 3:30:44 AM6/24/16
to mineshafter

D4nnyBoy57 Gaming

Aug 24, 2016, 3:07:43 PM8/24/16
to mineshafter
why i cant play anymore???? T-T

Collin TLC

Aug 27, 2016, 6:54:04 AM8/27/16
to mines...@googlegroups.com
it just a game output sir I also had this game output before but all u need to do is just clik play agin

gamerboy200

Sep 2, 2016, 3:59:17 PM9/2/16
to mineshafter

Deepjyoti Chetia

May 22, 2017, 6:02:30 AM5/22/17
to mineshafter
Well you see i had this problem and i was annoyed at what to do. Its pretty simple now that i have done it. First download the "ms-starter.jar" file and then open the launcher(ms-starter.jar), click on play and then when the error occurs, you will see the "edit profile" option below, click it, go to "open dir" option below and a window opens. copy and paste the "ms-starter.jar" file over there and then open the game through that launcher.. Voila!

Caitlin Yarbrough

Sep 29, 2017, 5:51:12 PM9/29/17
to mineshafter
i need help to