Mineshafter not working on any snapshot of 1.17

Ojas Patil

Jun 8, 2021, 2:12:53 AM6/8/21
to mineshafter
I was trying out 1.17 but when i ried to launch the game this error came

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Using incremental CMS is deprecated and will likely be removed in a future release
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/minecraft/client/main/Main has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 60.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:468)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:74)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:362)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:352)
at info.mineshafter.GameStarter.main(GameStarter.java:27)

Any1 Know how to solve it or will mineshafter update when 1.17 is released?

Legendary Pooke

Jun 8, 2021, 7:28:45 PM6/8/21
to mineshafter
So from what their discord server says
the problem is you have to run 1.17 using java 17 or 16
but the launcher does not run using 17 so they ran the launcher using the java you already have but redirect the game to run at 1.17
Thats my understanding of the problem.
Id still recommend joining their server for help
http://discord.gg/hxvyrcJ

XRealX

Jun 11, 2021, 1:08:47 PM6/11/21
to mineshafter
I've tried running Mineshafter with only Java 16 installed but it didn't work. I had to use Jarfix. After that Mineshafter just launches with a blank window.

XRealX

Jun 11, 2021, 1:25:42 PM6/11/21
to mineshafter
So the solution is that you need both Java 8 and 16.

Launch Mineshafter with Java 8 and point the "Executable" setting to java 16's javaw.exe file.

Legendary Pooke

Jun 11, 2021, 11:58:59 PM6/11/21
to mineshafter

Alright here is the solution that worked for me.

MAKE SURE TO HAVE JAVA 8 ALREADY TO DO THIS -

Open Command Prompt

Type "java -version"

If you ran mineshafter before you should be fine

To run 1.16

First download java 16 ->  https://javaalmanac.io/jdk/download/#product=aoj&version=16&platform=windows-x64

Should be the first link ( here is a image)

Ran this file and link through virus total and it was clean.

After you downloaded the file and installed it

Open mineshafter

then go to Edit profile

then Enable "Executable" and "Jvm Arguments" all the way at the bottom (Here is a picture)

We are almost done,

Open File Explorer and try to locate where you downloaded the java 16.

(If you did not change anything in the installation progress It should be in your program files (image here)

C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\~~Java Verson~~\bin\

(FOR ME  Its located in C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jre-16.0.1.9-hotspot\bin\)

Copy the directory

Click on the bar and press “Ctrl + C” (image here)

Once u located your java 16 and copied the directory

On the Edit profile windows, Java settings (advance)  and Executable paste the directory link
(MY PIC)

After “bin\” add javaw.exe (Image)

 FINALLY at the JVM argument bar delete whatever is in there right now and replace it with this
(Do not include the “) “-Xmx1G -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M” (Image here)

 Now press “ Save Profile”
Launch the game :)

If you know how to use a pc then this is super easy. I tried my best to make it super and understandable for newer people.

Might make a vid if ppl are confused but good luck ;)

Images might be blurry coz or down coz of this free image provider
Message has been deleted