Online archive of mineral images - free for educational use

Scott Brande

Jul 7, 2019, 5:02:25 PM7/7/19
to Mineral-ID
As noted in my Background of "A Practical Online Study Guide"
I thank Roger Weller after I discovered his website earlier this summer. I don't know Roger, but I'd really like to thank him in person.

"I have utilized images from many sources, and I have tried to identify each with the relevant credit. I wish to specifically give a shout-out to Roger Weller, editor of the geology home page at Cochise College (Arizona). Although retired, Weller created and maintains a website archive of over 10,000 images that was reported in 2010 to receive more than a million hits annually. Over 3,000 mineral images are available for educational use. Thank you, Roger."