CustomNpcs mod on multiplayer

Sunnyside12

Nov 4, 2015, 9:33:29 AM11/4/15
to Minecraft Teachers
Greetings all! I am just getting started on incorporating Minecraft into my classroom and am running into difficulties with mods. I have played the game on console but new to PC. I can't seem to get the Custom npc's (1.7.10b) mod to run correctly on my multiplayer world. I am hosting the world on my computer. Currently the tabs will show on the item selection screen in creative mode but all the item boxes are empty. It works just fine in single player. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Any and all help appreciated! Have a great day.

EduElfie

Nov 4, 2015, 4:20:56 PM11/4/15
to Minecraft Teachers
I am guessing you do not have it installed on the server. Make sure you have the mod file in the /servertool/server/mods/1.7.10 folder.

Elfie.

Sunnyside12

Nov 4, 2015, 8:11:37 PM11/4/15
to Minecraft Teachers
Thanks for the post. I just checked and I do have it installed there. When I launch the Minecraftedu launcher and select "mods" it shows up under the server tab. Unfortunately it won't stay checked when I select it. Bizarre. No other mod does this. Even BiblioCraft will stay checked, it just causes my server to crash, CustomNpcs just unchecks itself. I am going to keep toying around tonight to see if I can figure it out. Wish me luck :-)

Michael Harvey

Nov 4, 2015, 9:13:14 PM11/4/15
to Minecraft Teachers
A good approach is to remove all mods, then test the server. If everything works, add them back in one at a time. Since Custom npc's is the issue, I'd at that one first. That way you'll know if the problem was with the mod itself, or some conflict with another mod.

Sunnyside12

Nov 9, 2015, 11:49:05 AM11/9/15
to Minecraft Teachers
Thanks everyone. I was able to get it working. Apparently there is a conflict between this and the mod that allows me to use a usb joystick controller. So adios joystick controller for now.