WorldEdit and command blocks

David Hawkins

Nov 7, 2017, 10:35:26 AM11/7/17
to Minecraft Teachers
Is there a way to use the WorldEdit commands regarding schematics with command blocks? Specifically I am looking for these two commands to work with command blocks:

//schematic load
//paste

EduElfie

Nov 7, 2017, 4:34:17 PM11/7/17
to Minecraft Teachers
I dont believe so, a lot of the WE commands rely on the player location to execute. In 1.7.10 there was no way to do this, and I would hazard that even if you tried it in 1.8.9 using the ~ ~ ~ notation within Minecraft, that WE would still not allow this to happen. I also, depending on what you are planning and your version, believe that in 1.8.9 there is the /clone command that might allow you to 'replace' an area in WE like fashion.

My understanding is that you can have the structure within your world, and then when you run the /clone command you tell it what to clone, and where to place it. But again, going to require you to have 1.8.9 to do so. All of the above is assuming you are using the old MinecraftEdu java version, not the current Minecraft: Education Edition.

Elfie.

David Hawkins

Nov 8, 2017, 1:20:51 PM11/8/17
to Minecraft Teachers
Darn, I had hoped the command would use the location of the command block like the command uses the location of the player... So my goal here is to have students be able to hit a reset button to reconstruct a portion of the map that they would be destroying during a minigame. If I can automate the //schematic load and //paste function, that would be awesome.

EduElfie

Nov 8, 2017, 8:13:45 PM11/8/17
to Minecraft Teachers
Yeah, I wanted the same thing for some of the math activities I wanted to run, which is why I was so excited for 1.8 MinecraftEdu... There is the ability to change 'each' block individually in 1.7.10, but that is a HUGE task to get the command blocks set up, and the time would not be worth it. Reloading the map would be better. Actually.... thinking out loud here, what prevents you reloading the map.... you can copy/paste the student data files into the 'reloaded' map so that they keep their location and inventory if that is important I believe.... Something that might be a bandaid fix?

Elfie.

David Hawkins

Nov 9, 2017, 1:19:03 PM11/9/17
to Minecraft Teachers
Another option would be to use setblock in a loop with a command computer and some variables. This should be able to be accomplished fairly easily...

Mr. Koval

May 8, 2020, 6:43:42 PM5/8/20
to Minecraft Teachers
I know it may be too late, but I found a way to do that, and you dont even need plugins like world edit.

On minecraft version 1.10.x it was added a block called "Structure Block" which allows you to do similar commands. For example, copy, paste, rotate, mirror, Save schematic and Load schematic.
It may solve your problem :P