Hello Teachers! Some Questions from a Fellow Teacher and Student

Shane Engeland

Oct 26, 2020, 2:44:33 PM10/26/20
to Minecraft Teachers
Hello, I am working on a digital history project for my MA and I was hoping that I could beseech your wisdom!
1. Are there any other/larger communities of teachers using Minecraft in an educational capacity? I was directed this way from Reddit, although that community seems pretty dead.
2. I am digging into gaming and education, do you know of anyone that has written or done research on the utility of Minecraft specifically, or open ended games generally?
3. The Microsoft purchase changed things, is there a complied list anywhere of those changes both good and bad? I used it quite a bit a few years ago and I am getting reacquainted with the Education Edition but if there is a place with more detailed info I would dig it. I get that now its available on ios and chromebooks but I would like to ask you for your reflections.

Thank you very much for reading, way to be awesome!

David Barel

Oct 26, 2020, 3:31:29 PM10/26/20
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I havr written and will do most of my dissertation research on Minecraft Education Edition use by teachers. I'm happy to connect.

Best,